CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS, CARERS AND GUESTS
All Parents / Carers and Guests will:
▪ Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person within the context of cricket.
▪ Treat everyone equally and not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin nationality, colour, parental or marital status, religious belief, class or social background, sexual preference or political belief.
▪ Not condone, or allow to go unchallenged, any form of discrimination if witnessed.
▪ Display high standards of behaviour at all times.
▪ Promote the positive aspects of cricket, e.g. Spirt of Cricket & fair play.
▪ Encourage all participants to learn the rules, play within them and respect the decisions of match officials.
▪ Actively discourage unfair play, rule violations and arguing with match officials.
▪ Recognise good performance; not just match results.
▪ Encourage player development through implicit learning, embracing the role that failure can play in a players self-awareness, skill acquisition and decision making
▪ Place the wellbeing and safety of young people above the development of performance.
▪ Ensure the activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual.
▪ Respect young people’s opinions when making decisions about their participation in cricket.
▪ Sit away from the players when requested by coaching staff during matches.
▪ Not smoke, drink or use banned substances whilst actively working with young people
▪ Not to smoke in the vicinity of players, drink excessive alcohol or use banned substances whilst supporting.
▪ Not provide young people with alcohol, nicotine or banned substances when they are engaged in Middlesex Cricket activities.
▪ Follow ECB guidelines set out in “Safe Hands – Cricket’s policy for Safeguarding Children” and any other relevant guidelines issued.
Report any concerns in relation to a young person to
Lara Van Gelder, Child Welfare Officer (CWO), firstname.lastname@example.org, 07800 574741
Jennifer Whittaker, Deputy Child Welfare Officer, email@example.com, 07538 667494
Andrew Hall, Junior Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org 07968 157722
Or the Middlesex County Welfare Officer (Sharon Eyers at Sharon.email@example.com or 07557 956354)